Sunday, December 16, 2007

Cheap and Good 5.1 Surround Sound Solution

Hi

There are lot of 5.1 speakers are available for home theatre use. But we can build it from our own collection of old equipments speakers.

My home theatre solution consists of a Good 5.1 audio output DVD player, A Sony VCD Hi fi system, Pioneer Amplifier and LG Sub woofer.

Check for Good DVD player with the following options

In Audio

5.1 Dolby Digital Decoder
5.1 dts Decoder
5.1 Dolby Pro logic II Decoder

In Video

Progressive component output
DivX playback capability.

My DVD player is Mitashi DivX 999 consist all the above said features, which you wont find all this in popular brands except one Onida DVD player.

I have connected the front L & R audio to my Sony VCD Hi-fi system and the rear L & R to the Pioneer Amplifier. The Centre channel is connected to the TV using a single RCA to Double RCA cable and finally the LG Sub Woofer.

I have fine tuned the audio using dts sampler disk and with dts demo available in Radio Kannel web site

This Setup produced astounding result that I haven't experienced in any of the 5.1 speaker packages, not even with the Sony AV receiver.

I spent only Rs 4,000/- for the DVD Player and Rs. 1,500/- LG sub woofer, The LG Sub woofer comes free with the select LG TV and I bought this from a dealer separately.

No comments: